A new semester of DS106 means another crack at the animated GIF. This is the infamous eye cutting sequence from Luis Buñuel’s surrealist classic, Un Chien Andalou (1929). I’ll move that this short sequence remains among the most shocking and disturbing images in cinema. But now you can watch it again and again to the point that it loses its power to unnerve and is just a razor across an eye. Take that, cinephiles! Here’s the whole 16 minute film:
- DS106HeadLessHijinks: Week 4, Audio Assignment #1
- Salvaged from thiseviloblivion, transition edition.
- DS106 GIF-Fest: 3D Printer Makes Evil Robot Santa
- DS106 GIF-Fest: Muppets
- You’ve Come a Long Way, Jerry
- Jumping the Shark
- The Journey of a Piece of Sushi a Conveyor Belt
- DIY Digital Microscopy
- Bava Rocks!
- Salvaged from thiseviloblivion: A Visit to the New York Aquarium, December 2004.
- Radio Mayhem: Of Caves, Political Scandal, Condoms, and Russian Pronounciation
- Stories From the Formerly Soviet, Vol. 2
- Eye, Razor
- Talons: A Case Study in DIY Educational Technology
- Tutorial: Play System Audio in Skype Calls on Mac OSX (9)
- Best Websites For Professional To Write My Essay You’ve Come a Long Way, Jerry (5)
- Felice Seltzer: Thank you. I love it! I always thought there was never enough of Jerry in the ad. You were able to...
- scottlo: This is a great reflection. I had no idea there was such an interesting story in that cigarette ad. I love...
- Mikhail: Thanks, Alan. I love the way you frame it in terms of story. And don’t let the whirlwind blogging...
- Alan Levine: You are spot on in this reflection Mikhail, how a small act of abstracting video to a few frames then...
- The Journey of a Piece of Sushi a Conveyor Belt (5)