As many of our readers know, this is a time of transition for us at thisevilempire — we’ve left the once promised land of New Jersey and moved back to Caifornia after almost 20 years on the East Coast. We left with nothing but dreams and two suitcases and returned this past weekend with two children and several advanced degrees between us. On the occasion of the big move, I present something from the Vaults: a video I made just before we moved into our house in the burbs in 2007. Jonah was two and a half and Eli was still cooking. After over 6 years and lots of home improvement, house we left this month looked a little different than it did when we moved into it. Enjoy.
- DS106HeadLessHijinks: Week 4, Audio Assignment #1
- Salvaged from thiseviloblivion, transition edition.
- DS106 GIF-Fest: 3D Printer Makes Evil Robot Santa
- DS106 GIF-Fest: Muppets
- You’ve Come a Long Way, Jerry
- Jumping the Shark
- The Journey of a Piece of Sushi a Conveyor Belt
- DIY Digital Microscopy
- Bava Rocks!
- Salvaged from thiseviloblivion: A Visit to the New York Aquarium, December 2004.
- Radio Mayhem: Of Caves, Political Scandal, Condoms, and Russian Pronounciation
- Stories From the Formerly Soviet, Vol. 2
- Eye, Razor
- Talons: A Case Study in DIY Educational Technology
- Tutorial: Play System Audio in Skype Calls on Mac OSX (9)
- You’ve Come a Long Way, Jerry (5)
- Felice Seltzer: Thank you. I love it! I always thought there was never enough of Jerry in the ad. You were able to...
- scottlo: This is a great reflection. I had no idea there was such an interesting story in that cigarette ad. I love...
- Mikhail: Thanks, Alan. I love the way you frame it in terms of story. And don’t let the whirlwind blogging...
- Alan Levine: You are spot on in this reflection Mikhail, how a small act of abstracting video to a few frames then...
- find phd dissertation online The Journey of a Piece of Sushi a Conveyor Belt (5)