So it’s high time to get back into the madness that is DS106. This term, the course is “headless,” no one person is in charge, there’s no one prof, it’s a classroom without teachers except without a classroom too: just the wisdom, expertise and generosity of the members of the ds106 community, old and new. So here then is my first assignment, a bumper for DS106Radio. I played with an old clip about living authentically from My Dinner with Andre and the end of a track from the Run the Jewels album by Killer Mike and El-P and added a voiceover at the end. It took me a while to get the effects in Audacity to do what I thought I’d want to do but since I don’t really yet know what all of them do, I took my chances and am pretty happy with the result.
- DS106HeadLessHijinks: Week 4, Audio Assignment #1
- Salvaged from thiseviloblivion, transition edition.
- DS106 GIF-Fest: 3D Printer Makes Evil Robot Santa
- DS106 GIF-Fest: Muppets
- You’ve Come a Long Way, Jerry
- Jumping the Shark
- The Journey of a Piece of Sushi a Conveyor Belt
- DIY Digital Microscopy
- Bava Rocks!
- Salvaged from thiseviloblivion: A Visit to the New York Aquarium, December 2004.
- Radio Mayhem: Of Caves, Political Scandal, Condoms, and Russian Pronounciation
- Stories From the Formerly Soviet, Vol. 2
- Eye, Razor
- Talons: A Case Study in DIY Educational Technology
- Tutorial: Play System Audio in Skype Calls on Mac OSX (9)
- You’ve Come a Long Way, Jerry (5)
- Felice Seltzer: Thank you. I love it! I always thought there was never enough of Jerry in the ad. You were able to...
- scottlo: This is a great reflection. I had no idea there was such an interesting story in that cigarette ad. I love...
- Mikhail: Thanks, Alan. I love the way you frame it in terms of story. And don’t let the whirlwind blogging...
- Alan Levine: You are spot on in this reflection Mikhail, how a small act of abstracting video to a few frames then...
- The Journey of a Piece of Sushi a Conveyor Belt (5)